Whether you’re whipping up pancakes for breakfast, grilling burgers for lunch, or cooking up a stir-fry for dinner, an electric griddle can handle it all. With a flat, non-stick surface and adjustable temperature control, electric griddles make cooking a breeze. In this article, The Fryer’s Guide shares our top picks for the 7 best electric griddles, so you can find the perfect one for your kitchen.
What to look for in electric griddles
When shopping for an electric griddle, there are a few key things to consider:
- Size – both of a griddle pan (the cooking zone) and of the hood, if the model comes with it.
- Material of the surface – choose between cast iron, stainless steel, chrome, or other.
- Utility – it can run on gas, electricity, or be induction type.
- Temperature control – thermostatic or manual type.
- Ease of cleaning – removable or non-removable parts, whether they can be cleaned in a dishwasher.
1. Presto 07061 electric griddle
The Presto 07061 electric griddle can cook up a large breakfast or dinner with ease.
- The premium nonstick surface is easy to clean and provides stick-free cooking.
- The Control Master heat control maintains the desired cooking temperature automatically.
- With handles removed, the base stores in most standard 18-inch kitchen cabinets.
- The slide-out drip tray can be difficult to remove and clean.
- The griddle may take some time to heat up.
- The aluminum base may warp over time.
One of the best features of this griddle is that it is fully immersible with the heat control removed, making cleanup even easier. Simply open the latch clips to detach handles from the griddle base, and you can easily store them in most standard 18-inch kitchen cabinets.
2. BELLA electric ceramic titanium griddle
Durable and efficient, BELLA ceramic titanium electric griddle is a great option to consider.
- The 1500-watt heating system ensures that the griddle heats up quickly and evenly.
- The unique ceramic non-stick coating is 8 times more durable than standard non-stick coatings, making it scratch-resistant and long-lasting.
- The cord might be too short for some kitchens, so you may need an extension cord.
- The temperature control dial can be a bit difficult to read, especially in low light.
- The cooking surface is not as large as some other electric griddles, making it difficult to cook larger meals.
3. Toastmaster TM-203GR 10×20 griddle
If you are looking for an electric griddle that can cook a large family breakfast simultaneously, the Toastmaster TM-203GR 10×20 electric griddle could be the perfect solution.
- The 10×20 cooking surface is large enough to cook for a family or a small gathering.
- The nonstick surface is perfect for easy cleaning and perfect cooking.
- The adjustable temperature control has six settings – it allows you to cook a variety of dishes.
- The cord is not very long, so you may need an extension cord.
- It may take a little time to get the right temperature for your dishes.
- The nonstick surface may wear off over time.
This electric griddle is perfect for making pancakes, hash browns, bacon, grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, and more. The deep grease run-off channel is ideal for meats and bacon, and the slide-out drip tray makes it easy to clean up.
The adjustable heat control is easy to use, and you can adjust the surface temperature for any purpose, from keeping appetizers warm to making perfect grilled cheese sandwiches. The cord is removable, which makes it easy to store.
Overall, the Toastmaster TM-203GR 10×20 might be one of the best electric griddles for families or small gatherings, and it is versatile enough to cook a variety of dishes. If you are in the market, this one is definitely worth considering.
4. TOPKITCH electric griddle
The TOPKITCH electric griddle is a solid choice both for home AND restaurant use.
- The large cooking area of 14 inches*17.5 inches allows you to cook multiple dishes at the same time to meet your fast and large demand.
- The temperature control range of 90-575℉ lets you choose the temperature according to your dishes.
- The welded splash guards prevent oil from splattering or spilling everywhere, and a slide-out oil drip tray helps to collect excess oil and food residue for easy cleaning.
- You need to use the right amount of oil evenly during use, or the cooking plate will stick.
- Proper seasoning takes time and patience, and the process cannot be accelerated by using higher heat settings.
- You need to clean the surface residue after daily use, and if you don’t plan to use the griddle for a long time, it is recommended to apply a layer of edible oil to prevent the plate from rusting.
5. COOKTRON portable induction cooktop 2-burner with removable iron cast griddle pan
If you’re looking for a versatile electric griddle that can also function as a portable induction cooktop, then the COOKTRON portable induction cooktop 2-burner with a removable iron cast griddle pan might be your thing.
- The 2-in-1 design allows you to use it as a replacement for electric indoor grills or as a stand-alone induction burner.
- The cast iron grill heats up quickly and evenly over the entire surface.
- The induction cooktop and grill plate can be separated for easy cleaning.
- The size of the griddle is a bit small for cooking large quantities of food.
- The temperature controls may take some getting used to.
- The instructions need to be read carefully before use.
This double-chip induction cooktop has 9 power and 5 temperature controls to meet different ingredient needs.
The cast iron grill provides excellent heat retention and distribution, with four temperature control points on the bottom for precise heat distribution and even heating.
The cleaning process is also very easy. The smooth surface of the all-cast iron grill pan is covered with a non-toxic, non-stick coating that leaves no frying residue. The induction burner has a high-quality smooth glass surface that can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
There are other great options on the market, and there are likely to be more and newer ones coming out in this and next years. But for now, the five models here are some of the best electric griddles, performance-price-wise.